Adam R. Hoier
Adam is a native of Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and attended college at the University of South Dakota, where he graduated in 2006 with a B.S. in Political Science and a Minor in Criminal Justice. He then attended law school at the University of South Dakota School of Law, where he received his juris doctorate in 2009.
While in law school, Adam was a member of the Moot Court and Trial Team. Adam was admitted to the South Dakota Bar in 2009, and is a member of the Second Circuit Bar Association, the South Dakota Defense Lawyers Association, and the Defense Research Institute.
Following law school, Adam worked in private practice for a law firm in Sioux Falls for approximately five years before joining May & Johnson, P.C. in September 2014. Adam's practice focuses on civil litigation, consisting primarily of insurance defense claims, workers' compensation claims, and collections.
Adam is an active member of the Board of Directors for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Sioux Empire and the South Dakota Chapter of the March of Dimes.
- Phone: (605) 336-2565
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant: Julie Heetland, email@example.com
- University of South Dakota School of Law - 2009 with a J.D.
- University of South Dakota - 2006 with a B.S. in Political Science and a Minor in Criminal Justice
- South Dakota Bar Association - 2009
- U.S. District Court, District of South Dakota - 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of South Dakota
- Second Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- South Dakota Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
Adam is married to Nicole Hoier, who is a third grade teacher at Cleveland Elementary School. Together, they have two sons and a daughter.
Adam and his wife Nicole are big supporters of the March of Dimes. Their first son was born 6 1/2 weeks early and spent 3 weeks in the NICU, where he benefited from many of the medical treatments and equipment developed by the March of Dimes. Since that time, Adam and Nicole have dedicated themselves to supporting the organization, and Adam serves as a Director and the Vice Chair of the local March of Dimes chapter.
Areas of Practice
- Liability Defense
- Bad Faith Defense
- Insurance Subrogation
- Workers’ Compensation Defense