Jason W. Shanks
Jason's debt collection experience includes representing local and national banks, agricultural lenders, cooperatives, insurance companies, and local and regional businesses who need assistance with collection of account debts. His experience includes a variety of matters, including foreclosures, bankruptcy representation of creditors, and subrogation claims. Jason also represents numerous contractors regarding construction contract disputes, construction bids, and defense of negligent construction claims. Jason has also worked on complex collection and construction transactions which have involved direct negotiations/coordination with the Department of Revenue, State Senators and other government officials, the South Dakota Supreme Court, and the United States Supreme Court.
Jason offers an affordable, common sense approach to analyzing legal issues and proceeding with negotiations and/or litigation.
- Phone: (605) 336-2565
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant: Darla J. Wilkens, email@example.com
- University of South Dakota, School of Law, Vermillion SD 2002 - J.D.
- Southwest State University, Marshall MN - 1999 B.A. - Mathematics, Pre-Law (with honors)
- South Dakota - 2002
- Minnesota - 2010
- U.S. District Court District of South Dakota - 2002
- U.S. Supreme Court - 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Second Judicial Bar Association
- State Bar of South Dakota
- State Bar of Minnesota
- South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association
- South Dakota Defense Lawyers Association
- South Dakota Assoc. General Contractors
- South Dakota Bankers Association
- South Dakota State Bar Agricultural Law Committee Member
CIVIC ACHIEVEMENTS AND ASSOCIATIONS
- Member of Sertoma Club of Sioux Falls
- Board member of non-profit organizations (Sertoma Club of Sioux Falls, Sertoma Butterfly House, Inc., and Sioux Falls West Junior Olympic Volleyball, Inc.)
Jason W. Shanks is a Sioux Falls native and a graduate of Sioux Falls Washington High School. He graduated with honors in 1999 from Southwest State University in Marshall, Minnesota where he also played Division II basketball. Jason is married to his wife Kristi and enjoys traveling with his family to cheer on his three children at basketball, volleyball, and soccer games.
Areas of Practice
- Insurance Subrogation
- Bank Loans
- Account Debt
- Creditor Representation in Bankruptcy
- Lien Filings
- UCC Filings